Registration / Event FAQ’s
Frequently Asked Questions
After hosting All Things Open for 9 years (since 2013) we’ve found some questions are frequently asked. Take a look and hopefully you’ll find the guidance you’re looking for. If not, don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at [email protected].
What is All Things Open?
- A polyglot technology conference focusing on the technologies and people making open source possible. Started in 2013, the event regularly hosts the world’s top open source experts and companies.
When is All Things Open 2021?
- Sunday, October 17, Monday, October 18 and Tuesday, October 19
Where will All Things Open 2021 take place?
- The in-person event will take place in downtown Raleigh, NC at the Raleigh Convention Center. The online component will take place in the 6Connex virtual environment.
What’s the difference between in-person and virtual?
- In-person will take place at the Raleigh Convention Center. Programming will include two (2) co-located events on Sunday, October 17 (Inclusion & Diversity and Community Leadership Summit). Monday and Tuesday in-person programming will include 8 keynote sessions and 30+ tracks of content over both days. Virtual / online programming will include 8 keynote sessions and 20+ tracks of content over both Monday (October 18) and Tuesday (October 19).
Can I register for one or the other – in-person or virtual?
- Yes, you can choose between the two options when registering in Eventbrite. *Please note that if you register for in-person ($99 USD Early Bird) you are automatically registered for the virtual conference also. However, if you register for the virtual event you will not be registered for in-person. In-person requires a separate registration.
Can I register for both in-person and virtual?
- Yes, absolutely. *Please note that if you register for in-person ($99 USD Early Bird) you are automatically registered for the virtual conference also. However, if you register for the virtual event you will not be registered for in-person. In-person requires a separate registration.
How much is registration for the in-person component?
- In-person registration is $99 USD starting Tuesday, July 13 and running through August 31 (Early Bird pricing). It includes all programming and networking as well as socials.
Will the price of in-person registration increase?
- Yes, it will increase beginning Wednesday, September 1. At that time cost will transition to $99 USD per day, or $189 for both days (Monday and Tuesday). The price will increase again approximately two (2) weeks out from the event, to encourage earlier registration so we can plan final details more accurately.
How much is registration for the virtual component?
- Registration for virtual attendance is free of charge, thanks to our Presenting level sponsors. These include AWS, Capital One, Google, IBM, Red Hat and Salesforce.
What is your refund policy for in-person registration?
- All refund requests will be granted up to Friday, October 1 at 11:59 pm ET. After that date/time, refunds cannot be guaranteed due to permanent costs incurred by the All Things Open team (food, venue, etc.). If the in-person event is cancelled due to an officially declared state of emergency, pandemic or other force majeure incident, refunds will be handled accordingly.
What happens if the in-person event is cancelled due to COVID/health considerations?
- If the in-person component is cancelled we will notify everyone immediately via email and social media. The virtual component will move forward on Monday, October 18 and Tuesday, October 19 and will become “the event”, as the virtual conference was in 2020.
Will you do a t-shirt and poster giveaway onsite at the conference this year?
- Yes, we will host a t-shirt giveaway at the Raleigh Convention Center on Sunday, October 17, as we have in the past. A limited number of free shirts will be available – approximately 1,000 on a first-come first-served basis. We will also host poster giveaways at the Convention Center on Monday the 18th and Tuesday the 19th where a limited number of posters will be given away (approximately 50-75 each day).
Why would I purchase a VIP 1 or VIP 2 package?
- VIP packages are designed for two types of person – the first would like to be guaranteed of receiving a t-shirt and/or poster, and the second simply wants to support All Things Open by purchasing an item. *Keep in mind, t-shirt and poster giveaways will be given away for free at the event, but quantities will be limited.
Do you have a COVID-19 policy?
- Yes, we have a COVID-19 policy, which can be found here.
What steps are you taking to keep attendees and all participants safe?
- We are always investigating steps we can take to keep everyone as safe as possible, and the list is evolving. A list of steps being taken can be found here.
When will the schedule be released?
- v 1.0 of the schedule will be released in mid-August.
Can I wait until the schedule is released before registering?
- Yes, absolutely. We fully understand many are familiar with the conference and know what to expect in October, and may register early because of it. However, others may want to see a schedule before registering. Mid-August will provide anyone interested approximately two (2) weeks to review the schedule before the Early Bird pricing expires, which we feel is fair.
Do you have a Travel page?
- Yes, we have posted travel details on the website Travel page here.
If I have more questions, who do I contact?
- You can reach out to the ATO team directly at [email protected].